A view of the North side of the downtown business district from Main and Liberty streets (looking West).
McLain/Lobdell Covered Bridge, moved from its original location spanning Raccoon Creek on Tharp Road, in 1977 to Firemans Park off of SR 37, just outside of Alexandria. It was built in 1871.
Built by Toledo & Ohio Central and later used by New York Central. Probably built in the 1880's when the other stations on this line were constructed. Our beautiful old Train Depot has been moved from its original site.
The Heart of the Village
Business District, North side of the street., looking East.
Flags are proudly displayed along Main Street. At the request of the Mayor, during the COVID-19, many flags are being flown throughout the village 24/7.
St. Alban's Township Fire Station, Main Street, Alexandria. this state-of-the-art facility offers 24 hour EMT and fire-department services to the entire village and surrounding townships.
The United Methodist Church, 72 Church Street, at Maple.
Northridge Elementary School, 124 College Street.
Church of Christ at Alexandria, Moots Run Road
Alexandria Baptist Church, Main and Maple Streets, plays beautiful music at noon aand 6:00 p.m. every day.
Post Office Lobby mural, viewed from the side.
Looking West from East Main. Freedom Bicycles and spring house health share a space in this building.
Emmanuel Praise Church, Mill Street
Alexandria Post Office. Stop in and see the mural in the lobby.
Flags proudly wave on East Main Street.
Flags flying proudly on West Main Street.
Ohio sign commemorating the founding of Alexandria in 1930 by Alexander Devilbiss. Alexandria is also the home of Ohio's First Community Council.
The triangle at Granville Street and State Route 37, The stone is from an old grist mill. There were several mills in and around Alexandria.
Tractor pull at Alexandria Fun Days, traditionally held the second week of July.
Alexandria Train Depot
Sign attached to the old Train Depot
The Museum is typically open on Sundays from 2 - 4, May - September. Special groups and hours by appointment are possible.
Ragamuffins is the popular local coffee shop and much more! They offer breakfast, lunch, and pastries. The first Saturday of the month is Cinnamon Roll Saturday. Call ahead to reserve or go very, very early. Open M - Sat.
Stan's Wood Shop, Main Street
Many residents of the Village take advantage of the nice walking path around Alex Ridge.
The entrance to Parker's Park is directly East of the Robinson Building.
Great pizza and subs, right in the Village on Liberty Street.
The Alexandria Public Library, Main and Maple Streets.
Village Offices, 4 West Main Street, office hours by appointment. Convenient drop box and a nice bench for enjoying Main Street.
This beautiful mural can be found in the lobby of the Post Office corner of Main and Liberty Streets.
State Rt. 37 and Granville Street.
Looking East on Main Street. Many beautiful homes line the street.
Maple Grove Cemetery
Veteran's memorial at Maple Grove Cemetery.
Water Tower, Liberty Street
W. D Miller is the father of modern dentistry. His desk and other items are displayed at the Alexandria Museum.
Alexandria Chief of Police
Maple Grove Cemetery, next to Pioneer Cemetery.
Pioneer Cemetery, established in 1838, is inside Maple Grove Cemetery.
Alexandria was one of the first to be designated a POW-MIA City.
We are proud to be the home of the highly rated Northridge School District. Go Vikings!